I have completed one little project which is a Puerperium Cardigan by Kelly Brooker. I bought some gorgeous Adriafil Duo Plus yarn in the "End of Season Sale" at A Good Yarn - plus lots of other yarn too, which I'm not going to talk about because I think I have a stash addiction and I'm going to ignore the problem and hope no-one will notice.
The yarn in question is absolutely gorgeous, stunningly soft and in beautiful muted colours. So even though there are lots of other projects I should be doing, I had to make a little Puerperium ( which is a welcome to the world gift for a friend's grandchild due in a few weeks ).
I decided on making all the buttons different and trying to match the colours in the yarn, not a perfect match but I quite like the effect.
The other project that I can share is currently languishing on my needles, normally I'm pretty good at starting and finishing but I got a little frustrated. The pattern is Pop Spots and is a relatively simple project (most of it is either stocking stitch or garter stitch).
I originally used the orange hand dyed yarn below for the lace edge, originally thinking it would work well with the brighter spots. I'd done half of the lace edge before eventually deciding it was far too zingy to work with the other colours.
So I went and bought another ball of the lace that I'd used for the body. The body is done in a strand of Rialto Lace and a strand of Kidsilk Haze. So for the edge I'm using 2 strands of the Rialto Lace and it's working so far but it just seems to be sitting on my needles at the moment. As you can see I've hardly done any at all, maybe putting it on here will push me into finishing it