Zuzu and Narwhal

Back to the knitting...

The photo of this has sat on my computer for awhile, been a bit too busy to blog recently.

 The pattern is Zuzu's Petals by Carina Spencer, which I made with some of my handspun, blogged originally here. Handspun Zuzu project page.

The yarn is faux cashmere, 18 w.p.i, 268m/100g. So from fibre...

to yarn...

To Zuzu's Petals.



It's a lovely idea, a small shawlette shape but worked as a cowl so it's not going to fall off. Another plus, is it doesn't take a lot of yarn.

I have a few projects on the go at the moment. I've been wanting some very warm mittens for awhile now. I thought some Fair Isle ones with a lining would do the job. Another handspun yarn project, I blogged about the yarn on the same post as the faux cashmere.

The pattern is Narwhal Mittens by Ysolda Teague. Handspun Narwhals project page.

I've completed one full mitten and the outer mitten for the other. They are sitting unknitted at the moment because other projects are taking priority; though if they sit much longer, then they will miss the winter entirely!



I made plastic templates to go inside the mitten and the thumb for blocking. I'm glad I did as it made the lining fit snuggly inside. I just have to find the time now to finish the other.

I have a Follow Your Arrow shawl by Ysolda Teague on the needles at the moment too. The final clue arrived this morning, so once it's finished I can show you that too.

Comments