I have finished a few projects recently but been quite lax in photographing them.
I had a little photo shoot with Mr with my plume cardigan. I’ve come to the conclusion, that I’m not a very good model – so you only get to see one photo that came out semi-well.
I didn’t like the sleeves on the original – the cuffs were quite loose. I rewrote the sleeves so they fitted snuggly around the cuffs. I worked the back, one front and a sleeve first, and sewed it together, so I could check the fit (it was fine!).
I was in a rush to wear it, so stupidly decided to steam block it – word of advice – don’t.
There’s a lot of man made fibre in it and I knew it was a risk, and managed to melt some of the fibres. Thankfully, it’s not a lot and not really noticeable. I wet blocked it instead, which worked a lot better. Though the front bands still want to flip in.
I’ve tried a few different tactics to combat it. Crocheting around the edge made it worse. I ended up picking up along the front and bottom edges of the band and immediately casting off again, which has improved it dramatically but not totally.
After, the photo was taken, I put snap fasteners next to the buttons, so the band doesn’t flip over the buttons and hide them.
Despite some issues, I do still love it and think it’s going to be a fab Christmas/winter cardigan, even though I’m wearing it in the middle of summer.
My photographer for the day was very patient and I took a lovely photo of him, while he was waiting patiently for me.