Truesilk

The Torine scarf that I mentioned last week is finished. The yarn was Rowan Truesilk in the sleep colourway. Ravelry project page.

Torine6

I love the colour of the yarn. The sheen of the yarn really brings out the colour beautifully – there’s almost a metallic tint to it. It is lovely to knit with as well. The only little hiccup is it’s very easy to catch and it is a chain construction so difficult to pull the snags back in.

It blocked very well. Though I think I spent half an hour threading the blocking wires down the garter stitch ridges but it was worth it. It makes a beautiful and fluid fabric - perfect for a scarf.

Torine5

The central panel is knitting separately to the borders and then the borders are sewn on. Luckily, I like sewing.

Torine3

The borders could have been worked at the same time as the body of the scarf but having the sewn seams gives the scarf some stability and helps with any rolling of the borders. Plus the borders are worked on a smaller needle and this does make for neater garter stitch than if it were worked on the same size needle as the scarf.

Torine4

Torine2

Torine8

Torine7

My weekend was spent working on a Ravi Junior by Carol Feller. Nearly finished but here’s a picture of the yoke in progress as I think it’s just lovely.

RaviWIP

The construction is fun and interesting. I’m  really enjoying it.

Comments

  1. That scarf is beautiful. It's a good thing you like sewing, the idea of having to sew on the entire borders would probably put me off. But the results are stunning and I can see why it is an advantage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment