Woolfest Haul 2012

Another fantastic year at Woolfest; despite the exceedingly rainy conditions it was still a wonderful day. It was bigger this year with lots of new stalls.
I found it quite overwhelming with the vast array of choice and ideas. My haul was quite large this year.

I headed straight for Kate Davies stall and bought the kit for the Sheep Carousel Tea Cosy and also intended to buy the BMC kit but were already sold out within an hour of opening! I tried to start the Tea Cosy on the way home in the car to quickly realise the one size needle I didn't have was a 3.00mm 16 inch circular; which is extremely frustrating when you've just left a big wool show.


I also got Ysolda Teague's Saturday Treat pattern book and some Scrumptious laceweight yarn in Treacle Toffee to make Barley Sugar from the Fyberspates stall.
  




  • I bought the two skeins that are lilac and beige from Freyalyn's fibres with the intention of making a Damask with it.
  • The beige, purple and burnt orange are all baby camel and silk mix in sockweight which is super soft and squidgy from Yarnaddict and I want to make a Colour Affection with them
  • The gold and green are from Eden Cottage Yarns and I intend to make Natessa with the green laceweight but not 100% sure what to make with the gold as it was a bit of an impulse.



Lots of lovely projects to get on with so I'd better go and get my needles out...

Comments

  1. My goodness, you were busy! I looked for you but didn't see you or Michelle :(

    It certainly was damp! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment