Dyeing Find

At Woolfest, I bought a dyeing kit from D & T Crafts and I've been amassing all the equipment I'll need (such as gloves, dye pots etc.) when a lucky find turned up. I'd been planning to do most of it on the stove but a Burco Water Boiler appeared! It's from my parents-in-law, they used to keep turkeys commercially and used the boiler for cleaning up; they've moved on to arable farming so it was looking a little lost and forlorn in one of the barns. 



It's been re-appropriated for dyeing. It's quite big so think I could do a fair amount at once. Not sure which technique to try with it but looking forward to some dyeing. I'd bought some lovely undyed rovings from Wingham's when I was there at the beginning of the week - (a very happy coincidence!).


Comments

  1. Great find! I used Burcos like this for years for all my large scale dyeing and I had everyone I knew keeping an eye out for them at car boot sales & auctions. You can do lots at once and heat them up very gradually which is great for getting really even saturation on single colours (especially pale ones). Look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did manage to do some dyeing with the Burco - see link here. I haven't managed to do much lately, can't seem to find the time at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment