Day One: The House Cup

The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright shiny things capture their interest.
The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.
The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.
The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.

Which House am I?

I'm definitely not a Bee. I'm a starter and a finisher and 90% of the time I stick to the project I'm doing until the bitter end. There are a few occasions where I've frogged or had to start another project because it's needed for a present.

Manatee? Oh I would love to be a manatee. I have a penchant for them, since I went on holiday in Florida. Here's a photo I took there. Think I was about 11 at the time.



 I often knit something for warmth but honestly can't say it's me.

A Peacock? On occasion. I like to add those extra finishing touches to make the item extra special.

But, I'm going to have to say I'm a Monkey. My raison d'etre is to challenge myself and continually improve my knowledge. I can sit down and make several of the same item (if there's a reason to) but it doesn't inspire me. There aren't many aspects of knitting I haven't tried at least once. Fun loving side? I do like a knit with a sense of humour. How about my Lego Man with his Christmas Hat, Fu Manchu, G's Kercheif, That Christmas Jumper with the cheeky bit of holly on the bottom and my Fish Hat [Dead or Alive?]

House of Monkey, it is.





Comments

  1. Nice to have found your blog, look forward to visiting throughout this week.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I am a monkey too and also like the manatee see a project through to the end! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment