Painted Rocks

I've always had a fascination with painted rocks. My aunt used to paint for Royal Crown Derby and she painted the most beautiful things, including a large stone, which we use as a doorstop. 

With all the trending on Pinterest about painted rocks I had to have a go. This pin in particular inspired me.

A long search of the garden later...

This is what I did:

  1. Clean the rocks well with a toothbrush. Remove any sand or dirt
  2. I freehanded the pictures but you could draw them on in pencil first
  3. I used a fine rigger brush and acrylic paint to paint the design.
  4. Finally, I coated them in a thin layer of glossy Mod Podge.
Here's the finished result in the lovely Tulipwood bowl that Mr made for me.

Bowl of painted rocks

My painted rocks

Comments

Post a Comment